New here! 1969 Barracuda Fastback

Dit subforum is om je als nieuweling op het forum voor te stellen en met anderen kennis te laten maken.
Laat weten wie je bent, wat je leuk vindt aan de Mopar-hobby en hoe je met Mopar's in contact bent gekomen.
Welkom!
4SpeedFish69

New here! 1969 Barracuda Fastback

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

Hi!

My name is Rick and I am new to this forum. I'm Dutch but I think that it is better to write in English just to make sure that everyone can understand me here. I bought a 1969 Barracuda Fastback when I was 18 years old. Right now I am 20.

So I am a big fan of the Mopars, I love to see restored cars in the correct factory OE style as how they originally started life, with all the correct parts, options, date codes and everything, but the most interesting to see I think, are the unrestored original cars. Because "they are only original once" as some people say. I can read most fender tags, I'm a freak when it comes to all these codes and options. I always want to know everything about these things.
IMG_6003.JPG
So about my 69 Barracuda in the picture above, first off all it is an export car, I believe the car was assembled at the Rotterdam plant. Some things are different on it than the US assembled cars. They didn't have a fender tag, missing first five digits on the dash vin plate, vin stamped on the passengers side inner fender, things like that. It is not a 'Cuda or Formula S car, it is a regular Barracuda but with a very interesting 225 slant six with 4 speed combination. Because You actually couldn't get the 4 speed behind the slant in 1969! But I believe for 100% that this is factory though because the car is very original. It is a B-code car which stands for the 225 slant six, but I haven't checked the engine and transmission for matching numbers yet. Other than that, the car needs some bodywork, and really a new paint job because the hood, right front fender, and front upper panel are in a different color as you can see in the picture.

So I really would like to know if anyone else knows about cars factory with this combination?

Thanks! You can ask me questions and comments are appreciated!
1969 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback 225 /6 Hurst 4 Speed Chrysler Benelux
Dickdale

Re: New here! 1969 Barracuda Fastback

Post by Dickdale »

Welkom
1970'er Plymouth Satellite

www.facebook.com/NLmoparguy :yeah:
MoparJW

Post by MoparJW »

Dat doe je goed op je 18e, nice ride 8)

We need more pics :hammer:
'68 Plymouth Satellite Sedan 318
jelmoer

Post by jelmoer »

Welkom!

Ik had een 69er valiant met een 225 en ook orgineel een 4bak handgeschakeld.
Dus die combi zal in Europa wel vaker zijn geleverd.
Mvg,

Jelmer
scamp

Post by scamp »

Welkom! Nice Cuda!
Dodge Rumble Bee Hemi 2005. Plymouth Roadrunner 1970. Gmc caballero 1980
SuperFlyTNT

Post by SuperFlyTNT »

Welcome!

That car was for sale in Poortvliet a few years ago, about a 10-minute drive from my house. I went to look at the car in 2013, when the new owner / seller just got it from the former owner in Den Haag.

The car was originally sold in Holland back in the day, the 225 4spd combo is common for European models and it is original to the car. The owner in Den Haag got into an accident in 2002 and that is why the car has a different color nose, right front fender and hood. They are all from the same parts car, though. It was for sale back then, with the damage. Apparently the car was repaired and about 5 years ago it was for sale again. So, in 2013 the guy in Poortvliet bought it at probably a very good price, as the owner in Den Haag was only asking EUR 3000 for it.

*****EDIT*****
In the mid-90s the car was for sale at Hofstad Classics in Den Haag. That is probably where the owner in Den Haag bought it. The car was probably shipped in parts to Europe for assembly, as back then duties had to be paid by the manufacturer for complete cars and not parts. So it was cheaper to ship cars over in parts and have them assembled in Europe. Most likely it was shipped to Schinznach in Switzerland, assembled there in shipped to Holland. But Holland also had its own assembly plants. My office in Schiedam is actually across one of the former Chrysler assembly plants for A-bodies. Your VIN actually does not show the engine code if it has the European VIN. Domestic VINs had 13 digits and start with the identifier for make and model, in this case B. The next identifier is the price class, in your case most likely the H (high). The next two identifiers are the body style; 29 for 2-door special hardtop (fastback). The fifth identifier is for engine code, which would indeed be the B. Sixth identifier is model year, 9 for 1969. Seventh identifier is the assembly plant, for cars assembled in Europe this would be the "8" (eight), most easily mistaken as being a "B". The eighth through thirteenth digit are the car's sequence number. Since your VIN is missing the first 5 digits, it most likely looks like 98xxxxxx .
*****EDIT*****

Anyway, if you are ever in the neighborhood, you are more than welcome to come and visit.

Manual transmissions are awesome. Shift happens!!!

SuperFly TNT
MFIC @ SuperSpeedWagon HQ

1964 Dodge 440 wagon 413 Weiand Hi-rise crossram 4spd 3.55:1 gears
1971 Plymouth Suburban PL45 export Special Order 318 manual 3spd 3.23:1 gears
1972 Dodge Charger SE 400/727 Slap-stik 2.76:1
4SpeedFish69

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

Bedankt voor alle reacties! Ik heb hier nog wat meer foto's. Iemand al eerder zulke wieldoppen gezien trouwens?
Last edited by 4SpeedFish69 on 05 Apr 2020, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
4SpeedFish69

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

@SuperFlyTNT
Thank you so much for all this information! Nice to hear some history. It's interesting that they installed a hurst shifter behind a 6 cylinder. I really would like to know how many are built like this. And you're absolutely right about the VIN. It only shows the last 8 digits on the dash plate, but the complete vin is stamped on the passengers side inner fender: BH29B98******. And also, the black triple stripe is very interesting. It stops by the cowl, but originally it's supposed to go over the roof and trunk lid aswell right? But it looks like the original paint though. Still some pictures from before the accident would be really nice! I think I'm going to let the car repainted in the original B3 "Ice Blue" paint with the black triple stripe. I'm also keeping the slant in it. As close to factory as can be. Maybe a full restoration in the future. Thanks again! Very much appreciated!
TheDeputy

Post by TheDeputy »

Nice car.

If it's a true dutch car it should have dutch glass. Check in the lower left or right corner. you should see the manufacturing company, staalglas Amsterdam.

The hubcaps are not original 1969 plymouth hubcaps. Maybe some day 2 vintage universal hubcaps.

Antoon
SUFFERING FROM SEVERE MOPARITIS!!!
4SpeedFish69

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

@TheDeputy
Thank you! I already have checked all the glass, and they all have "staalglas Amsterdam" on them indeed. I also thought these hubcaps are not from Plymouth. But I leave them on though, I really like them on the car.
BigBlockMopar
Site Admin

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Welkom!
Leuke uitvoering.

We kunnen hier best gewoon Nederlands lullen hoor. Zo internationaal is het forum ook weer niet op een paar Duitse mitglieder na :)
4SpeedFish69

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

@BigBlockMopar
Dankje, het Engels was eigenlijk ook even voor de duitsers haha.
Bean Bandit

Post by Bean Bandit »

Welkom. Mooie auto, leuk kleurtje :good: . Ik vind ze erg mooi, deze Barracuda's, de Fastback en de Notchback.

Groeten, Remco
Klik onderstaand plaatje voor mijn website.
1967 Dodge Coronet 440 4-deurs sedan
4SpeedFish69

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

@Bean Bandit
Dankje Remco, ze zijn inderdaad erg mooi. Deze A-body's zijn de echte Barracuda's als je het mij vraagt. Maar de E-body's zijn ook mooi natuurlijk.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

Welkom!
Leuke Barracuda. En ook leuke geschiedenis over de "Nederlandse" modellen. Met bijvoorbeeld Nederlands glas!

Enne, gewoon Nederlands lullen hoor. Die paar Duitsers die meelezen begrijpen ons taaltje blijkbaar best ;-)
The Earth has provided the means to burn it down
4SpeedFish69

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

@Stargazer
Dankjewel, is inderdaad bijzonder dat Nederlands glas! En geen probleem, in het Nederlands lullen is goed hoor ;)
peerke

Post by peerke »

welkom!
erg leuke interessante wagen heb je,en blijkbaar orgineel nederlands en geassembleerd hier ook nog.
Hou hem in ere en orgineel.
goed om te zien dat jonge gasten zoals jij dit kunnen waarderen
succes!
4SpeedFish69

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

@peerke

Dankje! De auto is inderdaad origineel Nederlands, en ik ben ook zeker van plan hem origineel te houden.
BarraRuben

Post by BarraRuben »

Leuke originele spruit van de Sluisjesdijk in Rotterdam.. 'K heb r ook eentje uit het laatste jaar van de R'damse assembly line.. Oja NL..produktielijn ;-)
4SpeedFish69

Post by 4SpeedFish69 »

@ BarraRuben

Nog een originele NL'er, goed om te horen. Is dit ook een Fastback? Of wat voor uitvoering heb je?